If you suffer from erectile dysfunction, you’re not alone! Often, older males are unable to maintain an erection or cannot achieve their full potential.Because of embarrassment, many men do not seek help. However, with help, our urology specialists can help fix the problem.
Call us today at 478-745-6576 to schedule an appointment!
What causes erectile dysfunction?
A male’s sexual organ works with the interaction of many different components of the body: the brain, hormones, nerves, emotions, and more. Often, we see a physical problem linked to erectile dysfunction. Different physical problems affect the ability to achieve a successful erection such as:
- Alcoholism – An overabundance of alcohol has a negative effect on the nerves.
- Diabetes – This disease can damage blood vessels and make it difficult for a strong blood flow.
- Heart Problems – If you have blocked arteries or leaking veins, blood may not be reaching the appropriate area for a successful erection.
- Hormone Issues – If you suffer from liver or kidney failure, this can affect your hormones in a negative way.
- Medication – Certain medications can restrict blood flow to the penis.
Other physical problems such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, sleep disorders, and more can affect the ability to achieve and maintain an erection. Sometimes, psychological issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, or mental health can contribute to erectile dysfunction.
Many times, when we discover the underlying physical or psychological issue, we can give you an available treatment for erectile dysfunction.
What treatments are available?
Thankfully, treatments are available to fix erectile dysfunction. Treatments include medications, devices, therapy, surgery, and implants. Every man and situation is different, so a consultation with a urology specialist is necessary to accurately diagnose your situation and find the root of the problem.
We have an office in Macon and Warner Robins for your convenience. Call us today at 478-745-6576.